The Princess and the Plumber
When a brave princess vows to rescue her kidnapped sister, she finds an unlikely and reluctant ally - a stocky bald plumber named Gus! Joined by a magical monster, a giant caterpillar and a host of weird and wacky characters, our heroes face peril at every turn.
Will good triumph over evil? Or is this one of those stories WITHOUT a happy ending? (Geez, I hope not! I HATE those kind of stories!)
Cover art by Niki McFadden, music by Christian McFadden
You can listen to this story right now by using the player to the left, or by visiting us on Soundcloud or Youtube
For Parents and Teachers
To determine if The Princess and The Plumber is right for your child, consider the following content.
(Caution: Spoiler Alert!)
- several battles take place involving swords and magic;
- one of the main characters is assumed dead, but shortly thereafter is revealed to have survived;
- an evil wizard accidentally destroys himself with his own evil spell;
- this story contains lots of smelly humour including references to 'poop'
Topics to discuss with children:
- Do you think 'The Law of Merbo' was a fair law? How would you have convinced Merbo to open the gate for you?
- Do you think that Gus was good at being a hero? If you were going on an adventure, would you want Gus as a travelling companion?