THE GORILLA ON THE BOAT
No one ever listens to James. (Well, not his parents anyway.) So when a mischievous Gorilla follows James home from the beach, no one in his family will believe him! Soon the naughty Gorilla is pulling all kinds of pranks and James is taking all the blame. How will he ever get rid of that awful, rotten Gorilla?
Cover art by Niki McFadden, music by Christian McFadden
You can listen to this story right now by using the player to the left, or by visiting us on Soundcloud or Youtube
For Parents and Teachers
To determine if The Gorilla on the Boat is right for your child, consider the following content.
(Caution: Spoiler Alert!)
- the parents chase the gorilla with a shovel and a broom;
- the father in the story has a very mean, intimidating voice;
- this story contains lots of smelly humour including references to 'poop' and 'pee'
Topics to discuss with children:
- Do you ever feel like people don't listen to you or don't believe you?
- Were you ever blamed for something you didn't do?