THE DOG THAT HATED CHRISTMAS
Mr Jones has a mean old dog named Thunder and Thunder hates EVERYTHING. Thunder hates Valentines day, Easter, Thanksgiving and Halloween, but he especially hates Christmas! How can Mr. Jones enjoy spending the holidays with a dog that hates Christmas? The answer might surprise you and will surely make you giggle!
Filled with mayhem, laughs and holiday cheer, The Dog That Hated Christmas tells the tale of a kindly old man and a grouchy old dog and the Christmas Eve surprise that brings them together. Holiday fun for the whole family!
Cover art by Niki McFadden, music by Christian McFadden
For Parents and Teachers
To determine if The Dog That Hated Christmas is right for your child, consider the following content.
(Caution: Spoiler Alert!)
- a grouchy dog barks ferociously, and destroys furniture and presents;
- two burglars break into a house and steal belongings;
- a fight breaks out between an angry dog, a frightened bear and two burglars - there are references to biting, but no blood is mentioned;
- this story contains smelly humour including references to 'poop' and 'pee'
Topics to discuss with children:
- Why do you think Thunder was so grouchy?
- Can you think of something else that Mr. Jones could have done to improve Thunder's mood?
- Did you feel sorry for the bear or the robbers?