TABITHA AND THE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE QUEST
A spirited peasant girl embarks on an 'almost impossible' quest to save her village from a spoiled tyrant. Along the way, she meets mermaids, wizards, goblins and a whole host of wacky characters!
This story is adapted from the stage play 'Tabitha and the Almost Impossible Quest' written/directed by Shan McFadden for Funfolk Theatricals of Millbrook and performed by thirty-six local children in March of 2017.
Written and read by Shan McFadden
Music by Audionautix.com
For Parents and Teachers
To determine if Tabitha and the Almost Impossible Quest is right for your child, consider the following content.
(Caution: Spoiler Alert!)
- a number of characters plot to 'eliminate' other characters (the word 'kill' is never used)
- the goblin characters threaten to eat several other characters
- a character is shot in the buttocks with an arrow but it is played for comedic effect
Topics to discuss with children:
- Have you ever been asked to do something that you thought was impossible? Did you succeed?
- If you had to go on your own 'almost impossible' quest, who would you bring along to help you?