SOME ZOMBIES ARE NICE
Some zombies are mean. They snarl and growl and bite. But some zombies are nice. They might send you flowers when you’re sick or pay for your ticket at the movies or give you a boost when you’re trying to reach something on the top shelf.
This is a story about a very nice zombie, a very brave little girl and a very, very special friendship. It's also a reminder that even the scariest appearance can sometimes hide a kind and gentle heart.
Cover art by Niki McFadden, music by Audionautix.com
For Parents and Teachers
To determine if Some Zombies Are Nice is right for your child, consider the following content.
(Caution: Spoiler Alert!)
- Frank is a kind zombie that communicates via a series of moans, groans and grunts
- Frank's body parts sometimes fall off, but because he's a zombie he can simply re-attach them
- Frank pretends to be scary to frighten a bully
Topics to discuss with children:
- Many people were afraid of Frank because he looked and acted so different. Have you ever been afraid of someone that turned out to be nice when you got to know them?
- Do you have a secret dream, like Frank did? Is there something you'd really like to do, if you had the chance?