Marigold is seven years old. Not six and a half, not six and three quarters but seven, right on the nose. With a new friend coming over, Marigold wants her birthday party to be perfect. But there are more than a few surprises in store for Marigold - and not all of them will make for a perfect party! Find out what happens when chaos, mayhem and a collection of wacky family members give Marigold more excitement than she can handle!
Cover art by Niki McFadden
Music by Audionautix.com
For Parents and Teachers
To determine if Marigold's Party is right for your child, consider the following content.
(Caution: Spoiler Alert!)
- a character behaves strangely after returning home from dental surgery where he received 'goofy gas' - he moans and groans and behaves like a zombie and gets into a lot of trouble. This character could seem frightening to young children if they didn't understand the reasons for his behaviour.
- a book of matches accidentally catches fire and someone mistakenly calls the fire department
- a frightened baby iguana jumps onto someone's face
Topics to discuss with children:
- Do you think that Marigold and her parents should have explained to the guests why Buzz was acting so strangely? What do you think might have happened if they had?
- Have you ever tried to keep something a secret, only to have it found out in the end? What happened?