GRUBBYBEARD vs BIG SMELLY ZEKE
When Grubbybeard, the scourge of the seven seas, and Big Smelly Zeke, the meanest desperado in the old west, both lay claim to a town rich with treasure, the result is an epic tale of bad versus evil. Add to the mix an incompetent first-mate named Slackjaw and a bad-tempered horse named Night-Soil and there’s no telling what will happen!
Grubbybeard vs Big Smelly Zeke details the colossal confrontation between a malevolent pirate and a cantankerous cowboy (both of whom smell pretty darn bad) as they each lay claim to a town full of treasure. This ferocious fable features a wild cast of crazy characters and plenty of smelly humor!
Cover art by Niki McFadden, music by Christian McFadden
For Parents and Teachers
To determine if Grubbybeard vs Big Smelly Zeke is right for your child, consider the following content.
(Caution: Spoiler Alert!)
- the two title characters are mean and nasty villians that insult and intimidate other characters
- a pirate brandishes a sword in a threatening manner;
- a pistol is fired into the air
- a story is told of sailors being forced to walk the plank and of a pirate being bitten by a shark
- this story contains lots of smelly humour including references to 'poop' and flatulance
Topics to discuss with children:
- Most adventure stories have a hero and a villian. How does Grubbybeard vs Big Smelly Zeke differ from that style of story?
- How did you expect that Grubbybeard and Big Smelly Zeke would resolve their differences?
- Do you think this story has a happy ending? Did the ending surprise you?