Earth Girl and Space Captain, Episode 1: The Great Cosmic Wowee
When Lily is mistaken for a deadly assassin, she begins an intergalactic adventure that includes aliens, spaceships and the most mysterious force in the universe - the Great Cosmic Wowee. With the fate of the Universe hanging in the balance, can a little earth girl and a mad space captain save the day? Find out in the first episode of this ongoing series.
Written and read by Shan McFadden
Cover art by Niki McFadden
Music by Audionautix.com
(If you enjoyed this episode of the Earth Girl and Space Captain series, be sure not miss Episode #2)
For Parents and Teachers
To determine if Earth Girl and Space Captain Ep. 1 - The Great Cosmic Wowee is right for your child, consider the following content.
(Caution: Spoiler Alert!)
- This story has multiple instances of tension and peril but all of the characters survive with only very minor injuries.
- A young girl is mistaken for an assassin. She is arrested by a space captain and taken aboard his space ship. She is threatened with being imprisoned or being pushed out of an airlock, neither of which happens.
- A spaceship is destroyed and its crew is presumed dead but it is later revealed that they have survived.
Topics to discuss with children:
- Did you ever wish you could travel back in time to change something you did in the past? What would you change?
- What did you think of the Captain - was he a hero or just silly? How do you think things would be on the Bystander if Thlaylee was in charge?