Earth Girl and Space Captain, Episode 2: The Last Binkertoot
(If you’re new to the Earth Girl and Space Captain series, be sure to check out Episode #1 first)
In the second episode of the Earth Girl and Space Captain series, Lily brings her mysterious new pet to the Captain for examination. But when the creature is revealed to be a dangerous, near-extinct species, Lily, the Captain and his crew are thrown headlong into the path of deadly peril and treacherous new enemies.
Written and read by Shan McFadden
Music by Audionautix.com
For Parents and Teachers
To determine if Earth Girl and Space Captain Ep. 2 - The Last Binkertoot is right for your child, consider the following content.
(Caution: Spoiler Alert!)
- This story has multiple instances of tension and peril but all of the characters survive with only very minor injuries.
- A character is momentarily swallowed by a monster but manages to extract himself from the creature's mouth unharmed.
- The antagonist of the story is a large disembodied eye encased within a floating hovercraft. This imagery may be frightening to some children.
- Two small, furry aliens are frightened and seemingly in pain but neither suffer any serious injuries.
Topics to discuss with children:
- Do you have a pet? Have you ever wondered if your pet has a mysterious secret?
- Do you think Professor Rooway is a good or evil? Do you feel sorry for him? Why?