DADDY AND THE MONSTERS
Daddy says that there are no monsters in Emma's closet, but Daddy's wrong. There ARE monsters in her closet - two in fact - and like most monsters, they're completely harmless. When Emma needs reassuring, Daddy tells her all of the terrible things he'd do to the monsters if he ever found them in her closet. The poor, terrified little monsters overhear him and start desperately planning their escape!
Cover art by Niki McFadden, music by Christian McFadden
For Parents and Teachers
To determine if Daddy and the Monsters is right for your child, consider the following content:
(Caution: Spoiler Alert!)
- two characters make up stories about what they'd do if they found monsters in their closet. Some of the stories involve violence told in a comical fashion (example: "First I’ll poke them right in their big googly eyes. And then I’ll pull their eyelids right up over their heads...")
- two little monsters misunderstand something they've overheard and fear for their lives
- this story contains a bit of smelly humour including references to 'poop'
Topics to discuss with children:
- Have you ever misunderstood something you overheard?
- Do you think Buddy and Red were ever in any real danger, or were Daddy and Emma just having fun telling silly stories?